Thursday 5 April 2012

Development of my vessels

This is another of my spun vessels, where I have pierced the cell pattern, on just over half of the vessel.  This has affected it's balance slightly.  Although the piece is small, I really like it!!!!
At first I wasn't overly keen on the part pierced pattern, that I have manipulated and pushed out, as it was moving me away from, the perfect finish I had been looking for.  However leaving this piece along with a few similar ones and returning back to these, has made me really appreciate the unusual qualities that I haven't seen before.  This sample offers me a lot more scope for development!!!!

For the exhibition I have now chose to have 2 ranges of work, one showing the perfect pieces and the other showing the exploration of balance within the vessels.

No comments:

Post a Comment